Frequently Asked Questions : Privacy

What must a patient do to correct the information in their medical records?

A patient has the right to request an amendment or change to their medical records. To do so, please provide the patient with Attachment 33 and ask them to complete the form and return it to the Office of HIPAA Privacy & Security for processing. If you receive a completed amendment form in the mail, immediately send it to the Office of HIPAA Privacy & Security, as this is the office that will process the amendment.